In order to attend school, students must show that they are in compliance with Minnesota School Immunization Requirements (see Minnesota Department of Health http://www.health.state.mn.us/immunize for more Information).
Intermediate School District 917 has a “No Shots, No School Policy.” This policy states that students who are not up to date on their immunizations will not be allowed to start school until they provide the school with documentation that they have received the required immunizations or show proof of declining the immunization by filing an exemption. Parents/guardians may choose to decline any immunization(s) for their child by filing a legal exemption with the school.
The immunizations are required against the following diseases:
· Hepatitis B
· Varicella (chicken pox)
See links to the following forms:
· Are Kids Ready for School (English)
· Are Kids Ready for School (Somalian)
· Are Kids Ready for School (Spanish )
· Are Kids Ready for School (Hmong)
· Are Kids Ready for School (Vietnamese)
· Pupil Immunization Record – for school age children
· Pupil Immunization Record - for Early Childhood age children