John Pereda-Counselor

Hello My Name Is...

John Pereda

I am very excited to be working at DCALS as the school counselor!  This is my 9th year as a school counselor, having worked in Minneapolis, Rochester, and Hibbing.  I received my Master of Science in Education and School Counseling as well as my Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from Winona State University.  I also Attended Rochester Community and Technical College for an Associates of Science in Nursing.  I have worked with students from grades K-12 in my past, and have also worked as a CPS Social Worker, in healthcare at Mayo, and served in the United States Air Force and the Gulf War.  I have worked with students related to self-injury, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, academics, family loss, anger, friendship, and anything else that may come up. I enjoy snowboarding and skiing, camping, hiking, rock-climbing, swimming, fly-fishing, singing and dancing, and spending time with my family.

Enrollment Process

PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE ENROLLING SENIORS ONLY FOR THE REST OF THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR.  WE WILL BE DOING INDIVIDUAL ENROLLMENT MEETINGS, AND WILL NOT BE HOLDING THE MAY 9th ENROLLMENT MEETING.  10th grade, Special Education, and 504 students enroll by attending a meeting with the School Counselor, John Pereda.  11th grade, 12th grade, and super seniors enroll by attending a meeting with the Enrollment Coordinator, Patti Mattos. A parent or guardian must accompany the student if she/he is not 18 years old. Meetings are scheduled to coincide with the start dates of each new mod throughout the year. Group enrollment dates are posted below. Click on the link below to fill out the On Line Enrollment Form. If you cannot attend the group meeting, I will contact you to schedule an individual meeting. If possible, please bring a copy of transcripts to the meeting. Meetings are held at the DCTC building in the DCALS Student Services office, room 2-405 located at the top of the steps in the East Commons and begin at 6 p.m. Park in the East parking lot and enter through the east doors (#15 or 17). 

Students with Special Education Services enroll through our case manager, Aaron Evans. The first step is to provide a copy of the student’s current IEP and most recent evaluation. The paperwork can be faxed or emailed to Aaron, and he will contact the family to schedule an enrollment meeting.

On line Enrollment Application 



Credit Transfer Form   To be used by counselors from students' high school of residence.